Banana Bread Recipe
A healthier take on banana bread. The applesauce replaces butter and oil and makes it more moist. The stevia is a sugar replacement and by replacing some of the flour with protein powder, it increases the protein content and decreases the carb content.
- 1.5 cups oat flour (grind up rolled oats in a food processor)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 3 small bananas (mashed)
- 2 unsweetened applesauce packets
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- parchment paper
optional: 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (mix in after)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Then, in another bowl, combine all wet ingredients together.
3) Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together.
4) Add in dark chocolate chips
5) Pour into pan lined with parchment paper
6) Baked at 350 for 30 minutes. Put toothpick in the centre to see if it's ready. If nothing is on the toothpick, it is ready. If there is liquid on the toothpick, put in the oven for another 8-10 minutes.